Apart from creating and releasing your music, there is a whole lot that goes into shaping you into being a brand and helps you cut short the struggle for your promo materials and one of those is you having An Electronic Press Kit or EPK.
Quite Confused and Wonder what An EPK Means, then keep reading as we answer the most common questions laid around these.
What is an EPK?
EPK, short for electronic press kit according to elevatemybrand, is a pre-packaged set of promotional materials of a person, company, or organization distributed to members of the media for promotional use. They are often distributed to announce a release or for a news conference.
Paying attention to it being used for a person, in this case, a performing artiste. An EPK, packaged in one place, is your professional resume and business card that makes it easy for music industry professionals such as managers, booking agents, venues, promoters, journalists, and more, to access and review your work.
The need for EPKs cannot be emphasized and according to apple, it indicates that you may be ready to take your career to the next level and establish yourself as a brand.
How To Get Your EPK?
Many artists craft their EPKs, while others may work with professionals to create an EPK that’s just right. In accordance with Apple Support, to ensure your EPK is concise and to the point, be sure it has these key elements Listed Below
- Artist bio. Should be written in the third person and tells the world who you are and what you’re all about. We suggest having a long and short version of this handy.
- Photos. Include a variety of high-quality images or album artwork that can be used for promotional purposes.
- Your music. Highlight your most popular songs or songs that most authentically represent who you are. Include links to these songs.
- Music videos. Give people a peek into your on-screen persona. Include links to some of your best videos, behind-the-scenes shots, and other visually compelling elements.
- Notable moments. Include performances, quotes from interviews, accolades, and other highlights and achievements.
- Upcoming releases. Keep people curious by sharing details about any upcoming playlists, appearances, interviews, or musical releases.
- Analytics. Showcase the impact your music is making out in the world. (Optional)
- Contact information. Include ways to reach you, such as social media handles, email, and website.
However, note that while an EPK’s primary focus is to broadcast your brand and forge potential partnerships, another advantage of drafting an EPK is the journey of self-reflection. Hopefully, as you’re collecting assets and highlighting your wins, you’ll grow a deeper understanding of your brand’s goal and mission.
One last thing, as a best practice, keep your EPK fresh and up to date. You never know whose desk it’ll come across.
YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP FOR OUR VARIOUS PROMOTIONAL SERVICES AND YES, WE CAN CREATE THE PERFECT EPK FOR YOU
For More Entertaining, Informative and Interesting Topics, Do Stay Tuned.