Cover art is essential to every music piece. and although there has been a lot of talents who best trust a graphic designer to deliver an in-synch cover art that best depicts their music and goals. others have shown great relativity and participation in the process of creating the piece that shows their artistry in the direction that they see it to be.
Take a look at how Baby Keem captivates listeners through his single artwork:
If you are looking out to creating a unique cover art then you are in the right spot as we deliver the cover art guidelines by Apple Music.
Cover art guidelines
We recognize the effort it takes to create impactful cover art and respect, value, and encourage artistic impression. To ensure that your artwork looks great on Apple Music to listeners around the world, follow these guidelines.
Cover art specifications:
- JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
- A perfect square.
- At least 4000 x 4000 pixels in size.
- No misleading or generic cover art (for example, prominently depicting or referencing an artist who does not perform on the album).
- Only include relevant information such as artist name, release title as text, and the exact song title or album as released.
- No blurry, pixelated, tilted, or cropped images unless intended.
- No additional information (including social media handles, email, website, logos, or any other reference to competitors of Apple Music and the iTunes Store).
- No references to pricing (for example, “Reduced Price,” “Low Price,” or “For Promo Use”).
- No brands or advertising.
- No year or dates.
- No barcodes.
- No pornographic imagery or a URL for a website that contains or links to pornography.
- No images from other copyright holders without written permission.
- No references to physical packaging, digital packaging, or retailers (for example, vinyl or CD).
- No parental advisory logo if the release is not explicit.
For More Entertaining, Informative and Interesting Topics, Do Stay Tuned.